Saturday, August 15, 2009

Preparing for Churchwide Assembly

It's more than laundry and packing, of course. Well, it's that, too, but it's also more. Reading through the pre-Assembly reports, hundreds of pages of them. Trying to discern what will be important to know. Reading through the Assembly agenda and trying to figure out what will be discussed (and voted on) when.
And emailing people who are coming to Minneapolis to find out what they're thinking and planning. That's been interesting!
I'm excited to be going, to be part of this Assembly, anxious to add my prayers, my words, my votes to the process. And I'm excited to be sharing the week with a roommate whom I not only know but also love (and indeed gave birth to ........... how often does THAT happen!?) Liz and I are planning on working, praying, playing, and worshipping together. That will keep me grounded!
Lots to finish before I leave early Monday morning -- September planning, a couple of more pieces for the September newsletter, phone calls to members, food planning for Mike's week of batching it.

God, Father and protector, be with us all as we prepare and travel and come together as your church. Keep our minds open to your leading, our hearts turned toward your truth, our words a witness with your gentleness and grace and power. In Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment